This survey is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 80
Number of Re-Reads: I think it was 2 books. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller & Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary. No surprise there, right?
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Best Fantasy: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Best LGBT book: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Best thriller: Damage Done
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series starter: The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Series ender: Diamonds are Forever by Michelle Madow
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
This one is hard because I discovered so many new-to-me authors in 2015. I think I’m gonna go with Tamara Ireland Stone & Melina Marchetta.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Audie’s voice was so unique and I loved it.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“Real love is support, even when you’re fighting. Real love is honesty even when the truth hurts like hell. Real love is being there through every miserable minute and every infinite moment. Real love is-it’s sitting in that cage together with a gun pointed at your head, knowing all you have to do to save your life is kill him, and instead you hold each other because living without him isn’t living at all.”
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Longest book: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (528 pages)
Shortest book: Gracefully Grayson (250 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
I couldn’t decide between these three. I loved all three of these books.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Pretty much EVERYONE in the blogosphere has been begging me to read this book.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
All of them deserve this award because these three books I think are the cream of the crop.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
This book destroyed all the feels in my body.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I read this one for a blog tour and found myself REALLY enjoying it, even more than I expected.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This book made me so mad, sad and everything in between. It was a heartbreakingly real book.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Oh gosh, there’s been way too many to name.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Probably the review I wrote for My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The one celebrating my second blogoversary
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I think I’m gonna go with Bloomsbury’s Spring Preview liveshow. It was so awesome to see upcoming releases and to get excited about them.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Either moving my blog to WordPress on my own or when I agreed to be Bekka’s co-blogger. They BOTH stick out in my head.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Blogging wise, I made the switch to WordPress and then only a few months later I decided to join forces with Bekka and co-blog with her. I am still so proud of how well my solo blog has done and trying to decide if I want to keep this blog active or not has been a rough decision.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I’m pretty sure it was this one: Do ARCs Symbolize Blogger Status?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My review of All the Rage by Courtney Summers.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Society6 would be my pick. It’s not technically a bookish site, but it’s where I’ve bought a lot of things including 2 bookish coffee mugs that I absolutely LOVE.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I had to lower my Goodreads reading goal twice this year. It was the only reading goal I really had, but I had such a rough reading year. I did meet that goal though, so YAY me!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I want to read 150 books in 2016. That is over double what I read this year, but since this year was terrible, I’m aiming high and going to challenge myself.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone?
So let me know if you did this survey and if we share any of the same answers.